Wednesday, March 19, 2014

#StopCombatingMe: A Trekkie's View

Some people say Star Trek can't happen. I say otherwise.

Khan.

Trekkies know that name. I love that name. It proves that yes, there is an eternal eugenics war. We just haven't started genetically engineering human beings yet.

Or have we?

Because of Congress, eugenics are a prominent topic in modern times. Why would you want to stop the people who go to MIT or work at NASA? Oh, that's right. You are like me. You've followed my train of thought. Those people working at NASA have the best chance to steal a spacecraft.

We're rebelling.

The superhuman Augments of Khan's time: NTs who want to get rid of the Autistics. Autistics who were raised to think that they were no good unless they blended in also fit in that category. The Augments who led the nations into war against one another: Autistics when the speechless among us learned to communicate in their own way. The NTs refused to believe. So now, Autistics who were taught to fit in aren't fitting in anymore in protest. We know our kind, and they are just as incredible as those of us at MIT and NASA.

Too bad, Congress. We don't want a cure. You either accept us as we are, or you realize that we won't hesitate to steal the SS Botany Bay when the Mars missions start.

Stop combating us, and the horrible wars of Star Trek won't have to happen.

I must ask you--spread the good news.
I must beg you--go and tell.
I must admit I'm special,
But that could be you as well.

(My first flashblog @ wordsofautism.blogspot.com!)

No comments:

Post a Comment